Sunday, December 30, 2012

New Year's Day Soup Plans

Happy New Year's Eve, Eve! Do people celebrate such a thing? What am I saying? Of course they do. "Preppers" or those who were prepping for the end of the Mayan calendar are probably throwing back a few as I type in celebration of survival and the arrival of 2013.

I, however, am currently taking a break from cleaning my bathrooms. Such is life. Tomorrow, actual New Year's Eve, I'll be celebrating with my best friend since middle school, our spouses and our precious baby girls. I have planned some semi-healthy appetizers and a soup buffet in my new 3-pot Crockpot. I know you're impressed. The soups will consist of broccoli cheese, taco soup and New Year's Day soup. The New Year's Day soup is a version from two that I found on allrecipes.com and vegetariantimes.com.

You've probably heard of the New Year's Day good luck food...ham, black-eyed peas and greens. Of course, I'm sure there are more but these are some southern staples. We southern folk may not dilly dally in all that 'witchcraft/summoning the spirits' stuff but when it comes to good luck, we do it all! Especially if it helps our football team win or could possibly bring good fortune for the upcoming year.

I will post the step-by-step for the New Year's Day soup on New Year's Day with my feedback.  If you would like to join me in making a version of this soup, follow the links above and make your own version based off of your family's food preferences.

I wish you all a healthy, happy new year and may the soups be plentiful. Cheers to 2013!

'Till next time,
Natalie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover