Thursday, March 14, 2013

Square Table Cookbook

There is no better place for food on this earth than in Oxford, MS. If you haven't been, it needs to be on your bucket list! I know that I may be a little biased since I am an Ole Miss alumus, but Business Insider just ranked tailgating in The Grove #10 on "50 Trips To Take In The US." There are so many great restaurants in Oxford including Ajax, City Grocery, Bottletree Bakery and Boure to just name a few.

Photo credit: Amazon.com
One of my favorite things to come out of Oxford is the Square Table cookbook. It is a collection of recipes from some of the best restaurants in town. "Square Table" has great recipes for traditionally  southern soups, stews, chowders and bisques among other southern staples. My favorite non-soup recipe is the sour cream cookies! You can purchase "Square Table" from just about anywhere online including B&N and Amazon. This has become one of my typical Christmas gifts I'll give friends and family. Brie Soup from this cookbook is on my list to make - so check back soon for the recipe!

Hotty Toddy!

'Till next time,
Matthew

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover