Thursday, March 21, 2013

Tomato-Avocado Grilled Cheese

Photo Credit: Better Homes & Garden
Recently, somehow, I have been bitten by the "health bug". I eat healthier, walk to work, and even run! Who am I? This past weekend on my trip to Mississippi my friend Shane got me to eat bell peppers and a piece of a mushroom (baby steps right!?!). For my friends and family, this is a huge shock. I usually stick to the four major food groups: chicken nuggets, fries, macaroni and cheese and ketchup. But these past few weeks I have been on an avocado/guacamole kick. I really like it as a topping for a burger! 

When I came across this Tomato-Avocado Grilled Cheese recipe from Better Homes & Garden I thought it would make a great addition to a nice tomato soup and provide twist on the traditional, and sometimes boring grilled cheese.

Stay tuned as I discover more sandwich/soup combos!

'Till next time,
Matthew

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover