Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Matt Can't Cook - Ruined Ramen

I cannot cook.  Admitting the problem is the first step towards recovery, right? Well, that and cooking lessons from Natalie and Caroline. But in all seriousness, I cannot cook. I’ve never had to. In college I had the dining hall, in grad school I had Ms. Glenda at the fraternity house, and now I have the dining hall...again.

So one night I decided to cook. Knowing that cooking is my version of Charlie Brown’s football – it never ends well – I decided to brave my fear and cook something simple.  Ramen noodles. 

I did exactly as the package instructed: Boil 2 cups of water in a saucepan, add noodles and cook 3 minutes.  Stirring occasionally. Check! Turn off heat, and add contents of seasoning package. Stir well for one minute. Check! Serve when the seasoning is fully dissolved. Check!

Somehow in those three steps I messed something up. Bad. It was the worst Ramen I have ever tasted.  How is it possible to screw up Ramen? There are THREE STEPS! This just proves I should stick to the dining hall and frozen foods. Or pull the “helpless bachelor” card to get invited over to Natalie’s or Caroline’s when they cook.

So here I am. A part of this "dream team" writing a blog about soup. I’m starting to realize they only asked me to join for my moral and technological support (Natalie can’t work her own computer). Oh well, that’s okay, I get to benefit from Natalie and Caroline’s mad soup-making skills!

'Till next time,
Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover