Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Buffalo Chicken Soup


Buffalo Chicken is my all time favorite pizza. There's nothing better than chicken and hot sauce.  So why not turn my love of Buffalo Chicken (dip, pizza, etc.) into a soup? So I did. I hope you enjoy this Buffalo Chicken Soup as much as I did.

Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Servings: 8

Ingredients:
4 cups of 2% milk
2 cans of cream of chicken
1 can of cream of onion
1 8oz container of sour cream
1/4 - 1/2 cup of Louisiana's Hot Sauce
3-4 cups of chopped or shredded chicken

Combine all ingredients in a medium to large stock pot.  Stirring occasionally, bring to simmer over medium high heat, reduce to low once simmering.  Cook for 40 minutes.

I used three 9oz frozen chicken packages from Purdue, but you could just as easily use a rotisserie chicken.  I just used skim milk because that is what I had in the fridge, but I would recommend using 2% milk. Since I love hot sauce, I used 1/2 cup, but feel free to just use as little as 1/4 of a cup.

Garnish with cheese and bacon bits.  Serve with tortilla chips. 

You could easily turn this into a slow-cooker recipe.  Combine all ingredients in the crockpot, cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours.

'Till next time,
Matthew

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover