Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Slow Cooker Vegetarian Chili


Vegetarian Chili. Two words I never thought I would say. My diet until recently could have been compared to that of a five-year-old's: chicken nuggets, macaroni-and-cheese, fries and ketchup. I decided to go out on a limb and try a vegetarian soup. I compiled the ingredients for a basic chili, substituted the ground beef for crumbled veggie burgers and there you have it: Vegetarian Chili!

Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 4-5 hours
Servings: 6

Ingredients:
2 Boxes (four burgers each) of Veggie Burgers
1/2 Onion
16 oz Can of Diced Tomatoes
10 oz Hot V8 Juice
15 oz Can of Hot Chili Beans
1/2 tsp. of Salt
1 Tbsp. of Chili Powder

Brown the veggie burgers and crumble. Combine all of the ingredients in the slow cooker. Stir occasionally. Cook on low 4-5 hours.

Garnish with sour cream, cheddar cheese or jalapeno peppers. 

This was such a good chili, I will definitely be making it again!  And what's great is that the leftovers can be used as a chili topping for fries, tater tots, (veggie) burgers, etc.

'Till next time,
Matthew

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover