Sunday, December 2, 2012

Southwestern White Chicken Chili












4 tablespoons olive oil
6 cloves garlic, minced
1.5 teaspoon ground coriander seed
I made soup to feed 16 comfortably and had plenty leftover. Divide everything above by three if you are feeding a family of four.


A quick look at our ingredient list.

Boil your chicken breast and place in the refrigerator to cool so that you can easily shred.

Chop your onion and garlic. I used a food processor to chop mine fine and quickly.  Add your onion and garlic with olive oil in your stock pot. Cook until translucent. If you are cooking the same amount as me, I would use the largest stock pot you have.

Add your chicken broth, spices, green chilis, tomatillos and canned tomatoes to your onion/garlic mixture. I also added a pinch of sugar at this stage. A hint on the tomatillos...these are odd little boogers and dicing them is not as easy as you would think because they just fall apart. I ended up holding two at a time in my hands over the pot and squeezing the juices and pulp out but discarding majority of the actual skin of the tomatillos. Either way you choose to add them, diced or squeezed, will work just fine.

While your flavors are marrying in your pot, remove your chicken from the refrigerator and shred with your hands. Some people put their chicken in a food processor and this is fine but I think it shreds the chicken too fine. I don't like chunky chicken or super fine chicken so I hand shred mine.

I absolutely love fresh corn and given the opportunity, I always chose fresh over canned or frozen. Take a good knife and slowly cut down the sides.

Drain your white beans and add your beans, corn and chicken to your mixture.

Drink of choice this week: Bud Light Lime. There is just something about a beer and southwestern food. 

My new phone case: please note how nicely the design matches the color palet of this blog. I literally squealed when I saw it.

Yummy. I think this soup is best with fresh avocado, a little sour cream, shredded cheese and tortilla chips. Enjoy!

Here's my staff enjoying this tasty dish!

'Till next time,
Natalie 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover